I am Assistant Professor of Gerontology and Neuroscience at the University of Southern California. My formal training is in biophysics, computer science and mathematics, and I use neuroimaging techniques to study brain aging in health and disease. My recent efforts have focused on the following topics:
(1) traumatic brain injury (TBI) in older adults
(2) brain aging in populations at low risk for cardiovascular disease
(3) the reorganization of the connectome in aging after brain injury
(4) the relationship between TBI and dementia
(5) the effects of TBI and aging upon brain function
Please feel free to browse this website for additional details about my research. If you are interesting in pursuing postdoctoral research studies with me, please send me your CV at the address below and briefly describe your research interests.
© Andrei Irimia, Ph.D. (2000-present)